Come and join us making Ornaments for Halloween 2013. Each month we have a different theme. You choose your chart, fabric and threads. Share your progress as you go along and post your finished piece on the last day of the month. You can join at anytime throughout the year and choose which months you wish to stitch with us. Happy stitching.

Wednesday 2 January 2013

January's Pumpkins (with crows, bats, a full moon and 3 black cats)

Hello all!  My name is Marcy and I'm so happy to participate in this SAL (thanks for organizing it Lainey!). 

I love stitching Halloween things -- Autumn is one of my favorite seasons.  My first ornament is a Mill Hill kit called Bountiful Kitties.  I'm going to cheat a little for January because I've had this started for probably three years now but never seem to get it finished.  This is the first (and probably the last) time I stitched on paper and, quite frankly, I don't like it.   If I were to do another of these kits, I would stitch on fabric instead.  However, I hate to not finish this one because I like it so much -- it's just too cute.  And so I'm going to take this opportunity to finally finish(!) it.

I look forward to seeing some fun Halloween ornaments and getting to know everyone.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute Marcy but I sure don;t envy you with all those beads. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your piece. I personally love Mill Hill kits and have way too many in my to do pile. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete