Come and join us making Ornaments for Halloween 2013. Each month we have a different theme. You choose your chart, fabric and threads. Share your progress as you go along and post your finished piece on the last day of the month. You can join at anytime throughout the year and choose which months you wish to stitch with us. Happy stitching.

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Elaine's January Ornament

Hi, I'm Elaine. (the other one. I also go by Lainey but since we have one here, I will use Elaine. :) I live in southern Wisconsin and have been married for 32 years. I have 3 grown kids (2 daughters, 1 son), 2 sons-in law and a grandson. I have been stitching forever. Right now I have a couple of Heaven and Earth Designs going (and a million other pieces!). It's my first time with something that big. I definitely need some smaller things to take a break with. Lainey's SALs were the perfect thing! I always plan on stitching ornaments and usually never get much done. I''m hoping to do all 12 months of both the Halloween and Christmas SAL.I know Lainey and Katie but I'm not sure who else. It will be nice to make some new friends. :) I have a blog here if anyone is interested. It has lots of stitching and other stuff.

For January's pumpkin theme I have chosen a pumpkin owl. It's part of a Halloween owl plastic canvas kit I bought last year. I only managed to stitch one of the owls so I will be doing a few more for this SAL. It's done on 14 ct plastic canvas with floss. To me this one doesn't look much like an owl so I think I may stitch his ear tufts coming out the top of the pumpkin. We'll see how that goes. :)

3 comments:

  1. hehehe -- this is too cute! Can't wait to see it stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute but I agree not an owl look at all. I look forward to seeing him stitched up.

    ReplyDelete